Thursday, November 19, 2009

Family

While Kenny and I enjoyed our dinner last night (pumpkin-granola-banana pancakes - YUM) we realized that today marks the four month anniversary since his dad, Ken, passed away from ALS.

Then, today, Kenny's sister, Amelia, posted this on her blog. I'm sure the timing wasn't a coincidence. It is a beautiful post with (always) beautiful images about a beautiful family.

In this season of thanksgiving, I am grateful for family - the families I was born into, the family I married into, the family I hope to have one day, and for the many friends I have that are so close and so wonderful they might as well be my family. You know who you all are. Thank you for being you and for being my family.

PS - I'm leaving tomorrow (yay!!) to spend Thanksgiving with a bunch of family and I could not be more excited. (This week has been the slowest, EVER.)

PPS- Happy Birthday to this Lady. Hope your day is magic.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amelia's post was great. Thank you for sharing.

Also, I wish you guys wouldn't go away for so many holidays...we miss you too much! Plus, I need a baking partner for Thanksgiving next week.

Nicole Wright said...

Dees that "bunch" of family happen to reside in Utah? Cause I do too . . .