Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Because sometimes we're just bad people.

One of Kenny's favorite Peach Day's activities is to play "Count the Mullet." My whole family takes (hopefully, but not always) discreet cell phone photos of various mulleted individuals and, at the end of the day, compares said photos to determine the Best Peach Days Mullet of the Year. (Yes, we are horrible people. Sorry.) There's even been talk of us participating in the parade wearing fake mullets, riding a float fashioned to look like a giant mullet. (Again, I'm sorry. Please don't judge us too harshly.) Unfortunately, Brigham City had a shortage of mullets this year. (However, our disappointment was lessened somewhat by the abundance of women sporting the "Bump-it" look.)


Fast forward to last Saturday. It was our church's semi annual General Conference. The last session of conference on Saturday is only for male members over 12 (or those holding the Priesthood). My Uncle Don was able to attend this session at the Church's Conference Center in Salt Lake (where the meeting is filmed for mass broadcast). When Kenny returned home after viewing the session locally, I asked how the session went. Kenny responded that the session "was good. But oh yeah! Your Uncle Don texted me to say he saw an epic mullet at the conference center! I don't think he was able to get a photo though." Two things:


1 - apparently spiritual enlightenment is "good" but doesn't always compare to mullets
2 - My uncle DID, in fact, get a photo. Enjoy.

I have no words.

13 comments:

Freddy and Mandy said...

You guys are hilarious! Just sick enough to hang with!

Unknown said...

When I asked Skyler about it, his first response was that one of the speakers told a funny story and smiled real big (he showed me). The mullet story is better.

aprilaleman said...

I have words... EPIC. I have a great book and some photos I too could share with you.

Desiree said...

Wow, really?! Wow... 1) At General Conference? 2) Taking pics at General Conference? LOL, this totally cracks me up.

Emily said...

This made my day!

Meikel said...

that is a tremendous mullet, and thank heavens for horrible people like us who find humor in other peoples (any many times my own) fashion disasters!

Michael said...

Best blog post this year

Read and Camille King said...

rad!!! i love mullet watching!!! afew years ago i donated blood and the lady that "stuck me" had the most horendous mullet. permed short bangs all over the top and long straight hair that went way down.
you need to wear the jeans!!! i think if those jeans wern't so old and had an ugly bum i would wear them out. be brave lady.

Kat Clark said...

Imagine me singing the word "righteous" in a very high soprano tone. And done.

heather said...

WOW WOW WOW!!

k berrett said...

that is hilarious! too funny! i love reading your blog! thanks for the laugh!

A | E said...

beauty!

Bek said...

this is how we know the church is true.