Monday, July 20, 2009

Kenneth Neff Brady passed away Sunday morning (July 19, 2009) in Saint George, UT surrounded by his wife, parents, and many of his siblings, children, and grandchildren.

By all accounts he went peacefully “with a smile on his face.”

After battling the exponentially debilitating effects of Lou Gehrig’s disease (ALS) for over a year, one can only imagine the joy he must have felt at his release. A smile seems only appropriate.

His family misses him already, but is confident Ken is in a better place and is happy.

And we are all happy for that.

(And I am happy my husband will be home soon.)

Photo by Amelia, of course.

9 comments:

US! said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your great loss... We'll be sure to remember you and Kenny in our prayers. I'm sure he's in heaven smiling down on you for sure!

aprilaleman said...

Our condolences... our prayers and love are with you and the family!

A | E said...

We are so sorry to hear this. Know that we're thinking about you guys and especially Kenny and his family.

Nic and Bekka said...

We are so sorry to hear about your loss. Know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Kenny, you will be in our thoughts and prayers. If you need anything, please let us know.

Unknown said...

I'm glad I got the chance to meet Ken. It was fun getting to see where Kenny gets his goofiness from. Again, sorry for your loss.

Simcah Reid said...

I loved randomly running into Ken here in St. George. He was always so nice and welcoming to us. And so happy all the time. I think the smile was the perfect way for him to go since he always wore one in life. We love you and you're in our prayers.

Matt Brady said...

Jill - Thank you so much for letting Kenny take care of his Dad and my big brother for so long. Our whole family recognizes the sacrafice you made as well to allow that to happen. I am sure it wasn't easy. You and Kenny have my greatest respect and admiration. Love, Uncle Matt

Kat Clark said...

I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how hard this is for you and your husband and his family. I'll pray.