Thursday, February 12, 2009

Economics meets Fashion

My two loves (economics and fashion) collided today with Investopedia's word of the day: Recessionista.

And, yes, it means just what you'd think:

  • A person who is able to remain stylish during times of economic hardship. A recessionista can shop on a limited budget and still manage to be up to date on the most current fashions. A recessionista does not let a bad economy, inflation, or a strong recession damage his or her wardrobe and opts to search for sales and shop at thrifty discount stores instead.

In honor of today's word, I spent some time perusing The Sartorialist and found this:

First, I think I need to live in Paris. Second, I want to be friends with everyone in this photo - but especially with that guy in the fur trench coat. Wow.

1 comment:

Desiree said...

Don't forget to mention is cute high-water pants. Nice!

Oh, and I think you are a stud for buying the gloves. I have a pair too, although I don't use them as much as I thought I would.