Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Fun With Nephews

First of all, we want to congratulate Amelia and Justin (Hud) on the birth of their new baby, Sloan Charles Lyon, and thank them for giving us another perfect nephew... and taking some of the baby pressure off of us for a while. They took this picture (obviously...it's too good to be mine), and I just love it. Welcome Sloan!


Because Amelia was recuperating from childbirth, Kenny and I took Hudson to our ward's Halloween Trunk-or-Treat party where Kenny essentially followed Hudson around for a few hours (while I played with my new camera lens and flash - fun!). Ward members kept asking whose kid we stole, and Kenny would reply that Hudson was his son from his first marriage. I guess it was mean, but still pretty funny. Too bad no one did the math: Hudson is two, and Kenny and I have been married over four years. Oh well; it was better watching everyone feel awkward.


At the end of the party, we sat on the pavement while Elise and Hudson (and Skyler) went through Hudson's stash of "trick-or-treats". Elise had to name each piece of candy as he pulled it out of his bucket and lined it up. In all, pretty entertaining!


UPDATE to prior post: I did get the promotion and raise I hoped for - more than I had hoped for actually! And I got it before the Boot Camp results even came back!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't know Kenny was telling people that. That is awesome! The ward party turned out to be a lot of fun. I think I ate more desserts than actual food.

Steve Tiek said...

Nice Skyler, that's the Halloween spirit.