Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Morning Math

1 very sudden and unplanned morning meeting
+ 1 routinely long-winded speaker, particularly prone
to redundancy
+ 1 moderator with a special fondness for long, drawn
out, and often awkward pauses
+ 1 particularly problematic credit deal
x a whole lot of variables
+ 1 female bladder full of oatmeal, strawberries, and
75 oz of water (all consumed between 8:00am-9:30 am)

= certain death (by explosion).

I guess it's technically not certain death. Against all odds, I did survive. Barely.

On the plus side (besides survival, and besides not losing it in my boss' office, of course):
  • I learned the true meaning of fervent, sincere prayer and
  • I'm pretty sure I set a new record for fastest sprint in 3 1/2 inch heels.
On the down side,
  • I couldn't tell you what we discussed in the meeting.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Are you a camel? That's a lot of water. When I think of sprinting in heels I think of Sydney Bristow (Alias), so you're pretty much a super-awesome CIA agent.

US! said...

Holy Cats! What a morning... I'm glad to hear you survived! I HATE surprise meetings!

Allison Tiek said...

Julia's blog is awesome! How lucky is she? Steve has a similar picture of Bratislava that we have framed in our living room. Someday we'll go...sigh... And BTW, your hair looks amazing!

Unknown said...

I just thought of something else!!! Sydney Bristow worked at a "bank" as a cover for her being in the CIA (well, actually it was SD-6, but that's a long story). I will keep your secret safe.