Sunday, January 23, 2011

Catch Up - Peach Days 2010 (Early Sept.)

So, Peach Days. The small town festival in Brigham City that boasts a parade, carnival, 10k, car show, craft fair, beauty contests, mullets/bump-its, and much more. Although it's a trek for us to get up there every year, especially now with a kid in tow, attending Peach Days has become one of Kenny's favorite traditions. Anyway, this year was especially fun because (like everything lately) it was Lola's first. (For reference, she was 4 1/2 months at the time).

First, I must document how chubby she was... seriously. Those thighs!


Lola was able to meet Glayde Hone on this trip. He was my late Grandma Nielsen's second husband. He also happens to live around the corner from my (still living) maternal grandparents. He was a wonderful friend and husband to my grandmother and was so great at the end while she was sick. He continues to be great as he's helped out my other grandparents since my Grandpa Rollins' stroke. Did I mention that I think he's pretty great?
Speaking of my Grandparents (Rollins)...



Back to the festivities...
A BBQ at my uncle Don's before a group of cousins head out to the lake for some late season wake surfing.
There was a ton of little girls born recently...(Evie, Lola, Emmy, Kennedy, and Miley...they were missing Reagan!)
Grandma and Lola
Cam and Nate...someday, Nate will be bigger than you, Cam!
It was also my Grandpa's birthday. Here he's enjoying his favorite banana cake.
So...for some reason I'm missing a ton of photos. For record's sake I also wanted to mention that this was the first year some of us ran the 10k. It was a last minute thing, by my brother, Ryan, and youngest sister, Anna, decided (the night before) to go for it. And it was really fun! Maybe next year we can get some of the others to join, or at least get them to come cheer for us! It was a lonely run for the Nielsen siblings, but at least we had each other.

Peach Days 2011 has its work cut out for it! Can't wait!

2 comments:

Bek said...

honestly, the highlight of my month was holding lola last week. i'm not kidding.

Melissa Tiek said...

If we're around I want to run it with you guys next year!