Monday, December 28, 2009

December so far (some photos)

I thought I'd actually post some photos to go along with my last post...along with some activities I haven't mentioned...and one event that happened last month. Okay, I guess it's just some random photos. Enjoy.

With 17 people in the house that morning, Christmas brought this...

(Photo by Amelia)

Amelia rigged a tri-pod and took some family photos...
I mentioned I went bowling with my office crew:
Amidst all the events planned for the holiday, we managed to squeeze in a trip to Julienne's in San Marino with a few of Kenny's siblings and cousins. It was soo good.

Kenny and Nicole (she's due just three weeks before me!)-
Hudd and Kenny -
Emily and baby Charlie (not so much of a baby any more) -
Amelia and Jason -
Hudd. And the epic "Creme Brule French Toast" (THE reason to go to Julienne's) -
So I couldn't snowboard during our last trip to Mammoth, which was horrible for me, especially considering the beautiful weather, perfect snow, and great riding companions. (Oh the sacrifices I'm already making for this kid-to-be.) Anyway, I had to do SOMETHING, so Elise was kind enough to end her day early and try out cross-country skiing with me - a first for both of us. It was really fun! Or just hanging with Elise was really fun. Either way, I liked it.


Elise -
Me and Elise -
So...it's hard to stop on skis. And doing a snowplow when the skis are in groves is pretty impossible. One very well may end up like this:
Elise, Skyler, Kenny -
We like to go to Mammoth the weekend before Christmas because (1) it's not crowded yet and (2) it's the Night of Lights celebration! 4 people parachuted in, there were live bands and good DJs, the Ski Patrol does a show, and fireworks! I can't explain it well enough to do it justice, but Kenny and I love this event.
Fire dancer -


This is what Kenny looks like for a trip to the Jacuzzi. High tops and extra short swim trunks. Love it.
For Christmas Eve Kenny decided we'd make tin foil outfits/hats for whoever's name we drew for the sibling gift exchange. There's more photos coming of this - probably via Amelia's blog. It was a good time.
I wore this to Erika's party in an attempt to hide any signs of pregnancy (as we hadn't told Kenny's family the news yet). You can't see the full effect, but the sequins did the job perfectly!
Last month we went to see Yo Gabba Gabba Live! which was actually pretty awesome. I especially liked the part where we were sitting just rows behind Jason Bateman (and Christina Aguilera and "Jan" from The Office). I liked these cardboard glasses, too.

That's all for now.

9 comments:

Meikel said...

Congrats! Babies are truly the best thing ever, so excited for you.

lyndsey said...

mmmmm. julienne. so delicious. although i can only handle a few bites of that french toast before succumbing to sugar overload.

and we love yo gabba gabba even w/out having kids too. :) [pasadena friends work on that show...i think they are friends w/ hudd & amelia] jill you and i are such twins. except i hate snow :)

Unknown said...

Falling is fun! You're just jealous because you probably can't do it (falling) anymore! Thanks for the good times!

jenn (+ will) said...

love your photos! fun times.

Emily said...

Sounds like you had a fun holiday!
Also, CONGRATULATIONS on being prego! This is so so exciting, John and I are both so excited for you two. Such great news!!

Bek said...

FINALLLLYYYY!! Thank you, Jill. This really hit the spot.

Kat Clark said...

You can see Yo Gabba Gabba live?! What?! I am GREEN with envy!

Amy said...

yeah! I just read your blog and am SO excited for you! Seriously having a kid is the bEST, everyone will tell you that, and it's so true. Kory and I are always saying MAN why didn't we try this sooner! Good luck with that, how far along are you?

Post Grad Hair Cut said...

Awesome awesome awesome. Just found your blog and look at all those presents!