Monday, June 1, 2009

Back to Memorial Day weekend...

We were pretty beat on Saturday after partying late with FOTC, so we didn't roll out of bed at noon (yes, NOON...you jealous?). While out and about we randomly decided to make the trip to Mammoth the next day. We felt it was only necessary that we officially christen the new Subaru with a mountain adventure and some end-of-season snowboarding. Anyway, Kenny spent Saturday evening transferring the rack from my car to the Subaru and I finally finished sewing a birthday gift for a certain four-year-old nephew. (It took awhile; I was distracted by a favorite movie from my childhood: Savanna Smiles). Anyway, Hudson's gift? A superhero cape, mask, and wrist bands to compliment this book. I finished it really late at night and Kenny took photos of me wearing it, but I'll just share this much cuter photo of Hudson or "Thomas the Superhero" as he calls his high-flying, crime-fighting alter ego. (Amazing photos of Hudson were obviously NOT taken by me, but by Amelia and Hudd.)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow!!!! The cape turned out great! I love it!

jenn (+ will) said...

LOVE IT! :)

Read and Camille King said...

jill, i want the pattern. i want to make one for me. or you could make it for me. i love the fabric. damn your one talented little HOTTIE!!

amber buhrley said...

I saw this on amelia's blog. So stinkin cute. You are amazing!

allegra said...

really? that is AMAZING. no words.

John Sharpe said...

Jill,
I saw Amelia's post about your awesome costume and the "amazingly talented sister-in-law" a couple days ago. I wanted to tell you how cool it was, but wanted to wait for a new post from you so it didn't get lost. I'm very impressed wit ya skillz! I had no idea you were such a great seamsteresser.

US! said...

Wow! You're a way talented sewer! That lookslike so much work!

dressparty said...

I am soooooo PROUD of your incredible talents - I was so impressed with all the time you took to do that and of course thought I should have done it for him first ...but that is what great AUNTS are for - you are amazing! Love you Mom DeAnne