Monday, April 20, 2009

The perfect Stranger

How is it that after 3+ years of regularly attending my local congregation, I am still routinely asked if I'm a visitor - often by the same few women?! Sure, I could probably be more social, and yes, I realize my hair color/style might change on a weekly basis, but seriously. We have maybe 30 women that come to Relief Society every week - you'd think at some point I'd start to look familiar, right? RIGHT?!

On another note, the husband and I have been enjoying some long forgotten, so-bad-they're-amazing movies, courtesy of Hulu. North Shore was everything I remembered and hoped for, and, yes, I still love Turtle.
But Blue Lagoon? Time has not been kind to this cinematic product. I had a hard time getting past Brooke Shield's terrible acting, the whole incestual nature of their relationship, and the fact that the whole movie better served as a P.S.A. for the importance of sex education. It was essentially a two hour maturation video. I'd say check it out, but I don't want to be guilty of advocating such a total waste of time. If you choose to watch it, don't say i didn't warn you...


Stick with North Shore. It's magical.

4 comments:

Desiree said...

I want to be the first to welcome you to the ward...what was your name again? :)

seaghost the chartreuse said...

The same thing happened when I was in fullerton 3rd ward. I blamed my hair as well. I dunno maybe it's all the college students coming and going? Cuz how could they forget your face?!!

Nic and Bekka said...

Maybe the women who ask me how recently I moved into the ward are the same who ask you if you're a visitor :). I would like to say that I recognize you every time I see you!

A | E said...

We get asked all the time if we're new or visiting as well. No worries, I kind of like it better that way anyway.