Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Wierd

So I stopped by Target on my way home from the gym and work tonight to pick up some toothpaste and some gum. (I must have had a gross taste in my mouth or some pretty rank breath right then, because I had no other reason to go to Target and I kind of went subconsciously.) Anyway, while there, I thought I'd grab a movie from their $5 rack. I'm a huge Jane Austen fan, but had never seen Sense and Sensibility, so I grabbed it along with Moulin Rouge. (Kenny's out of town with the boys for a few days and the movies seem like a good way to fill his absence.) Well upon getting home, I unwound with some blog-surfing and came along a Austen-esque quiz in which one discovers the Jane Austen heroine she most resembles. Apparently I am most like Elinor Dashwood from ... Sense and Sensibility. Weird, huh? It's like I was destined to find her tonight. So now I'm going to make some dinner and learn about Elinor Dashwood - who supposedly is "practical, circumspect, and discreet. Though [she is] tremendously sensible and allows [her] head to rule, [she has] a deep, emotional side that few people often see." I actually can relate to that description! So here's to an evening of indulging my vanity. Good night!

I am Elinor Dashwood!


Take the Quiz here!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wierd? Weird? Actually, I love both of those movies. The music from Moulin Rouge is awesome! I remember seeing the movie in the theater and almost walking out because it has a weird beginning. But I loved it!

Caitlin said...

I am right in the middle of watching "The Complete Works of Jane Austen" on PBS. I just finished (all 6 hours) of "Pride and Prejudice". There is a movie version of all of Jane Austen's works on every Sunday on "Masterpiece Theater." This week is "Sense and Sensibility" so we will have to compare notes about what we thought. I may have cried during every single one so far. Pathetic.

Caitlin said...

I got in wrong, "Sense and Sensibility" will air on March 30th. Here is the link to the schedule if you are interested.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/schedule/index.html

Freddy and Mandy said...

"Sense and Sensibility" is my all time favorite! I hope you enjoyed it. I love that it's totally romantic but there is not one kiss in the movie. Rad!

Anonymous said...

I do say! That is British for, "no way Jose". I always give Britt a hard time about her affinity for things Jane Austen.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Britt said...

I love it, Jill! I too am an enormous Jane Austen fan (I took a class on her at Cambridge in England--it was brilliant). According to the quiz, I'm Elizabeth Bennet--what a relief. Hope to see you guys soon...