Thursday, January 10, 2008

Torn - but leaning toward the annoyed

I like that people use the coming of a new year to make resolutions to better themselves, I really do. I don't think it's something that should have to wait until a new year, but I understand and appreciate the tradition. However, there's one thing I do hate: the gym gets SO crowded during the first few weeks of January. I hate that one week I can hop on the treadmill as I enter the gym, and the next there's a line 10 people long - just because it happens to be January. My yoga class before Christmas had 10-15 people in it, this week it had 30-40. It's really frustrating when you've developed a habit and routine and it gets interrupted like this! Part of me is happy that it doesn't last very long, but I'm sad for all those who started out strong, but don't make it. I almost don't even want to go to the gym in January. Earlier this week Kenny and I tried to go, but gave up after 15 minutes and ended up jogging for two miles - in a parking structure. (Honestly it was actually pretty cool, but still...) I persevered, and made it three times this week, crowds and all! I deserve a treat...and I'm going to get one: Mammoth tomorrow! And they got eight feet of new snow this week! Happy riding!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The classes at the gym are ridiculous. You have to get there like 30 minutes early just to get a pass. We should get some kind of special treatment for being year-round gym-goers.

Caitlin said...

Just what I needed, an excuse not to go.

Michelle said...

I agree with you. It's a pain in January. Today I almost didn't get a spot in my class. I had to move this huge pile of stuff that i'm pretty sure belonged to one person in order to have room. Annoying.