Saturday, June 20, 2009

A Perfect Anniversary

Last weekend was our sixth wedding anniversary.  The weekend before was Kenny's 30th birthday.  Both weekends were wonderful, but since I don't yet have pictures yet of Kenny's last-minute-but-still-awesome-party, here's some photos of our anniversary.  It pretty much was the perfect weekend...

It started Friday night with a trip with friends to the LACMA to watch Le Cercle Rouge, a French crime film from the 70's (which was rad) followed by a late night dinner at Mel's.  (My pictures from this night are kind of horrible and blurry, but oh well.)

Erin, Kenny, and Adam.  Erin works at LACMA; how cool is that?
Elise and me and a whole bunch of street lamps.
The crew, post movie, pre dinner.  Very Hungry.

The next morning Kenny and I decided to head to Palm Springs so that we might do absolutely nothing (except read, nap, swim -  far away from the June-gloom that's been suffocating us in Orange County).  The fact that we stayed at this super private, very retro 50s, boutique hotel (The Horizon Hotel) was just icing on the cake.  Also, the fact that the hotel had eight guests total- adults only - was awesome, as was the little badminton set up and the private outdoor showers.  I LOVED it.  We left only once to get dinner (and to stock up on fruit and Klondike Bars for our mini fridge).

View from our patio: day
View from our patio: night. 
Some pool shots.  The weather was sunny and a comfortable 80-90 degrees.  


There were butterflies everywhere including on my knee.  I wasn't busy, so I let it hang out for a while.

Kenny's hair was in constant transition from bed-head to soaking wet to crazy, half-dried fro all weekend.  I loved it.
favorite photo...

I also took Monday off and we went to Disney Land one more time before our passes are blocked for the summer.  More than the rides, I just needed a Dole Whip Float from the bar at the Tikki Room.  Disney Land was followed by a dinner and a movie and an early bedtime.  Like I said: the weekend was PERFECT.

Kenny, thank you for a marvelous weekend and six wonderful years.  I love you.


10 comments:

Tyler Jorgenson said...

Congrats on 6 years! Happy Bday Kenny B.

Unknown said...

I read about the hotel you stayed at. Sounds incredible! So happy you got to enjoy it for such a special occasion. Thanks again for coming today. :-)

Unknown said...

Your anniversary pictures are more-than-great! I love them and you guys look great! We will have to go Palm Springs with you sometime soon!

jenn (+ will) said...

congrats guys! we need to hang out more!

Melissa Tiek said...

Looks like a wonderful weekend! The hotel sounds awesome. And I love your swimsuit!

Unknown said...

And I'm happy to see real pictures on your blog!

Shanna Nemrow said...

Happy Anniversary! And Happy belated Birthday to Kenny! Blair and I were so bummed to miss Kenny's bday bash...we heard it was awesome though!
And I am all about Dole Whip Floats from Disneyland...mmmmmmmmm so good.

Bek said...

seriously hot couple.

Emily said...

Happy Anniversary. It sounds like you had a fun, relaxing anniversary. And fun pics.

A | E said...

Congrats dudes. Jill, after Adam spoke with you about Palm Springs, we're going this weekend! We're staying at the Rendevous B&B in the Marilyn Monroe room! Thanks for the inspiration!