Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Sabotage.

I think the women in my office have it out for me. Why else would they continue to leave HUGE bowls of candy every ten feet? And who decides that a random Wednesday in early November calls for ice cream sundaes and root beer floats - in the morning, no less? Don’t they remember the death of my Self Control last Memorial Day? I mourned over it for weeks and even eulogized it on this very blog. It was a sad time for me as I thought of goals that would forever remain just out of reach and the fun times I could have had admiring my toned self in the mirror. Unfortunately the copious amounts of leftover Halloween candy I've been consuming aren’t offering me much comfort. (sigh.)

I work with sadists.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can sympathize with you...I have a hard time letting sweets go to waste. Saturday I decided that I would control myself. I threw away all leftover Halloween candy, cupcakes (yes, even cupcakes), and decided I would become miserable, but hot. Sacrifices.

Jeanie Doll said...

Oh my gosh I know what you mean! My friend in the office seems to be on a mission to keep me fat! Even when I am able to resist the candy jars she will buy me treats or fast food lunches. Then I have to eat it cause it would be rude not to. Ha Ha

Unknown said...

Stay strong Jill! Knowing that you are avoiding the candy bowl in your office will help me avoid mine at my office.